And Daniel….because he had the excellent spirit. And Christ grew I wisdom and in stature, and in favour with God and man, Why? Because he had this excellent spirit.
What is this excellent spirit?
The excellent spirit is a spirit brought upon man by God for the purpose of excellence. When God sends this excellent spirit upon man, he gets the Midas touch. Several biblical characters who are worthy of emulating exhibited this excellent spirit, from Joseph, to moses, to Shedrach, Mishack and Abednigo, to Daniel, and even Jesus Christ. This excellent spirit was indwelling in them.
Six Negative Impacts of Not Having the Spirit
The absence of the excellence spirit is very deadly. There is a Spirit in man, the inspiration of the almighty gives then understanding, according to the book of job, without this spirit of the almighty, there will be no understanding in man, without this excellence spirit, there also will be no excellence in any individual.
What are the problems associated with not having the excellent spirit?
1. Mediocre life: When the spirit that’s excellent is missing in your life, you’ll lead a mediocre life. There will be no spark with will add taste to life for the individual. It is the excellent spirit that makes whatever we do meaningful and worth celebrating. The life of Jesus is a perfect example of a life above mediocrity.
2. Life of pain: If Joseph didn’t possess the excellent spirit, he would have led a life of pain after all his siblings made him pass through. But he went ahead to make sure that he was celebrated in the end, a life outside the excellent spirit is a life of pain.
3. Unfriendly friends: Everywhere in the world today, we hear of friends who are “Judas” is disguise. If we are not careful, we will be consumed by unfriendly friends. It is not news that our friends determine how we become (to a large extent), the kind of friends we choose is a function of the mindset we keep, In number one above, we established that the excellent spirit helps in living a live above mediocrity, if so, then our friends must be above mediocrity, so it is the spirit who would help us in choosing such excellent friends.
4. Negative marriage: Many marriage crumble today, no thanks to the preposterous kind of lifestyle been led by many. The excellent spirit will help you live a life that is far from “circular” and the result can only be glorious. When we choose our life partners, we are suppose to do so under the guidance of the spirit, who would help us make a better choice.(NB: The spirit wouldn’t choose for you as widely believed, but if you follow him, he can guide you in making a better choice).
5. Cynical Lifestyle: The Lord will not climb down to help you, he will send people to do so, If you’re not guided by the spirit, you will be a cynic, which will make you lose help when they come. When we pray and believe, the Lord sends people our way, we have to follow his guidance and believe they are there to help us, not explore us, this is the lifestyle of a cynic.
6. Those are few areas of where the excellent spirit leads us to excel, of course there are more, but time would not permit us to continue listing, we will now check a few ways to request the excellent spirit. The Bible said, “Let him Ask”. So if you lack anything or you want more, as a child of the Spirit, I believe you should ask, make a demand and your Father above will answer you.
6. Those are few areas of where the excellent spirit leads us to excel, of course there are more, but time would not permit us to continue listing, we will now check a few ways to request the excellent spirit. The Bible said, “Let him Ask”. So if you lack anything or you want more, as a child of the Spirit, I believe you
should ask, make a demand and your Father above will answer you.
How to request for the excellent spirit. Here are a few un-exhaustive ways of requesting for the excellent spirit.
1. Desire him: If you don’t desire him, you won’t get or receive him.
2. Pray and make your intentions known: If you want Him, make him know, pray to Him, through him.
3. Study: The bible admonishes “Study to show yourself approved unto God”, If you want to be approved, you must study. The subject matter notwithstanding. The spirit does not dwell in a vicinity of “folly”, you have to be wise, even though it is the same spirit who brings wisdom, you have to be involved I the acquisition of the knowledge upon which wisdom is built.
4. Have faith: You need to just believe you have him. Once you believe and act accordingly, you’ll start seeing differences I your life.
Here are a few tips on the excellent spirit, by now I believe you must have known the “conventional” name the world call this Excellent Spirit. Many call Him the Holy Spirit, some the Holy Ghost, but the
book of Job calls Him the Excellent Spirit, and I’m just okay with that.
Over to you, what do you think of this spirit? What is your take on him and how best do you think he can be gotten? Is he even important in the Christian life? Do share with us using the comment area below.
This post was written for Soulzmp3 Gospel by Bisco Ibitade.
Bisco Ibitade is a Success coach and geek. His vision is to see lives around him improve for the best.